Thursday, March 24, 2011

From The Archives: Fox Trap

I feel like whenever I post something from my archives, I describe it as "one of my favorites" but the truth is, most of the stuff that's in my book I really love. I really, really, love what I do and when you love your career, it shows in the fruits of your labor. That's not to say I haven't had a gaggle of less than stellar tests earlier in my career, but the nice thing about being in the game for years is that everything just starts to streamline- you find your style and become a part of a team (or teams) and eventually the ratio of shoots that work out to shoots that just don't mesh become more and more in favor of the positive. To any newer artists that read my blog, just hang in there, develop your style, treat every job like it's a $5000 day rate, do the best you can do and always open yourself up to new learning experiences and always, ALWAYS, make your next test better than the last.

Sorry for the brief side-bar. This episode of From The Archives features a shoot for Eliza Magazine's Winter issue... 2009... I believe? We shot at the beautiful SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. Our vibe was a 60's party girl getting ready to go out. It was a beauty story, so it's a shame you cant see a lot of the fantastic pieces the stylist pulled.

Amber Kerns, doin' some hair.

I know Tyler isn't a huge fan of "action shots" but, I just love this one.

One of the set ups. 


MAC provided the color product for this shoot and three of my favorite MAC products played center stage:  Strobe Cream, Lipstick and Fluidline.
MAC lipstick in Chatterbox, a beautiful creamy bright pink

A long time personal favorite of mine is MAC lipstick in Lady Danger- a beautiful technicolor red-orange.

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack is ultra-smooth and longwearing and I love using gel liners to do the classic cat eye.

Strobe Cream is phenomenal on the face and on the body- it provides the perfect sheen and gives a stellar luminescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment