Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Gallery LA/Fashion Week Promo

Today I spent a few hours working with my dear friend David of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics fame. I got a chance to play with some prototypes and new colors, and it's all very exciting. What we shot today will air on Thursday on KTLA. We went with a bit of a retro bronzed look, using OCC Loose Colour in Dope and Loose Pigment in Red Oxide along with some chocolate brown shadow in the crease. Today helped me remember just how much I love to airbrush and what a wonderful tool it is to have in one's kit. Sure I don't always airbrush, but when it's mastered and understood- beauty make-up can be done so beautifully.

We shot outside of the Golden Girls stage at Sunset Gower Studios and considering my ideal paradise exists somewhere between the Golden Girls' house and Cuteoverload.com, I was pretty psyched.
A little bit of downtime during fittings, me wearing my go-to set gear: 14-hole Dr. Marten's, fabric scarf and black boyfriend blazer, it's also fun to find new places to wear security badges.

One of the female models wearing a blend of Interlace & Grandma OCC Lip Tars as a stain and topped with Rosebud Salve.
The most ADORABLE kid model. This little dude could throw a face like no other.

If you want to see more, tune into KTLA on Thursday morning and keep tabs on Los Angeles Fashion Week you can check out the official website:Los Angeles Fashion Week & The Gallery LA
and of course you can check out the official Make-up Sponsor Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment